How My Graphic Novel Got Me on C-SPAN

The Waste of Recycling... Tyler on Tyson's...

True order of events:

1. I put my graphic novel on my webpage.

2. Tyler blogged it.

3. Tim Kane read Tyler's blog and emailed me about our shared interests in economics and comics. Plus he turned out to be good friends with Garett Jones.

4. Tim came to Fairfax to get lunch with me, Robin, and Alex, and found out about my book.

5. Tim read the book and asked me to give a talk about it at Heritage.

6. Tim got C-SPAN to broadcast my talk live at 11 AM. (Has anyone seen a videocast link? Dare I hope that someone DVRed it? If so, please let me know.)

If there was any doubt left, I think this clinches it: All publicity is good publicity! And if the Austrians want to use this as an example of "radical uncertainty," I might even let them get away with it.

TGGP writes:

I found it interesting you had such praise for Garret Jones' paper on the IQ of immigrants host countries predicting their success. Like Randall Parker, I would like for the U.S to try to select immigrants with high IQs and that gives support to our position.

trumpetbob15 writes:

C-SPAN has the video on its site in Real Player format, which can then be recorded and saved to the media library in the player. I don't have a direct link, but if you go to http://www.c-span.org/videoarchives.asp?CatCodePairs=,&ArchiveDays=100 you should be able to find it. There was some database error earlier when I tried it so it may not work right away. Hope that helps.

Bryan Caplan writes:

TGGP writes:

It doesn't follow, as I explain here:

drobviousso writes:

Any chance you might consider converting your file to .cbr or .cbz format? I'd much prefer to have it in that standard format for digital comic books.

Urstoff writes:

The talk is on the Heritage Foundation website: http://multimedia.heritage.org/content/wm/Lehrman-070207a.wvx

Bryan Caplan writes:

Thanks, Urstoff. Much oblige.