David R. Henderson

"30 Rock" Highlights

What If Fama Was a Protectioni... Posner's Primer on Wage Rigidi...

Last night's "30 Rock" was a riot. Some of my favorite segments:

Character played by Salma Hayek: I have another patient on my off days. He's a sweet old man with advanced dementia, totally disconnected from reality.
Jack: That reminds me. I owe Lou Dobbs a call.

Jack: Lemon, I need you to tell me who on your staff is important enough to get one [a flu shot.]
Lemon: Hold on. You're rationing health care? That's not okay.
Baldwin: Yes, Lemon. Important people get better health care. They also get better restaurant reservations, bigger seats on planes.

Baldwin: Are you ready for your shot?
Lemon: Never. Two-tiered health care is a crime. You know, in Cuba, everyone gets the same health care.
Jack: What a surprise. You saw the Michael Moore movie.
Lemon: Think again, Jack. I saw the trailer when I went to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks."

Luke G. writes:

30 Rock is easily the best-written show now on TV.

John writes:

The beauty of 30 Rock is that it has no problem making fun of both sides of the ideological spectrum -- which is surprising for a show written by Fey and produced by Baldwin. I guess they realize that politics is only funny if it doesn't have an explicit POV (see, contra, Al Franken, Michael Moore, ahem, Jon Stewart)

JP writes:

That Lou Dobbs joke was priceless!

Joao writes:

Confessing to Floyd all her embarrasing secrets after having followed him to an AA meeting and hearing him spill out his guts:

"There's an 80% chance I will tell all my friends that I voted for Obama for president while secretely voting for John McCain."

Jeff writes:

Jack: The Italians have a saying, Lemon: keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this case, they are correct.

Lemon: What about your friends in the Bush Administration? Couldn't they find you a job?
Jack: Are you kidding? I'd rather work for an American car company than jump on that sinking ship.

Great show. Sorry I missed last night's episode. Maybe I'll try to watch it online tonight.

Troy Camplin writes:

THe Lou Dobbs swipe is dead on. Just assume the opposite of everything Dobbs says and you'll get pretty close to reality.